Sunday, November 15, 2015

ARCHIVE: Reading across the curriculum

I have to share a funny error that I found while editing an interesting book about how the Internet is changing publication practices in the sciences and humanities (short answer: much more in the former than the latter). The author was talking about how copyright protections sometimes pose a barrier to publishing articles and books that try to include more than just standard illustrations and wrote, "The Grateful Dead posters owned by the Billy Graham Archive were reproduced in a biography of the music group."
I'm guessing the posters are owned by the concert promoter Bill Graham rather than the evangelist Billy Graham, but I could be wrong! (What's amazing is that my reading of "Rolling Stone" magazine back in the 1970s has actually come in handy in my career.)

No comments:

Post a Comment