Saturday, November 21, 2015

HOCKESSIN: A Grinchy sing-along

Last December we had a fantastic time at the sing-along "How the Grinch Stole Who-kessin" at the Hockessin Library, so I was delighted to see the Hockessin Business Association is doing it again at 1 p.m. Saturday, December 12. The Hockessin Library is at 1023 Valley Road and admission is free.
One of the stars (the Grinch himself!) asked me the other day if I wanted to be a plant in this year's show. I assumed he meant one of the Whos' Christmas trees or something, so I said, no, I'd rather be a spectator. He looked a little nonplussed -- and then I realized he meant "a plant" as in somebody who models and encourages audience participation.
"Oh, wow, yes!" I said. "That I can do!"
He tells me this year's show will feature a 39-1/2-foot pole (well, more or less), a seasick crocodile and the return of the Grinchettes.
My date and I had a great time last year, singing and laughing and watching not only the show but the parents, grandparents and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment