Sunday, March 27, 2016

LIBRARY: This year's Home & Garden Day

On Saturday I received a "save the date" postcard for the Bayard Taylor Memorial Library's popular annual home and garden day (and you can imagine how delighted and surprised I was to see that they actually used the traditional library name on the cards!).
This year the tour is on Saturday, June 4, and tickets go on sale starting April 18 (at the library or through the website). As I have for the past several years, I'm doing the write-ups for the tour program, so I get a sneak preview of the houses. It's a super tour this year, centered around the Chadds Ford/Fairville area. You'll see some very creative additions and renovations, some wonderful collections of artwork and antiques -- and as always there's a nice mixture of grand houses and cozy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment