Friday, April 1, 2016

COACH: A first-class shopping trip

I wish all stores provided such a good shopping experience as does the Coach outlet in the Tanger outlet mall on Route 30 near Lancaster.
Almost as soon as I stepped into the shop, a saleswoman greeted me, noticed that I was carrying a Coach bag with a badly beat-up strap (it has been slammed in locker and car doors one too many times) and without my even asking checked to see if they had a replacement strap. When they didn't (the bag was a 2006 model, after all) the manager, Brandon, came over, introduced himself, bowed to me and apologized. I told him I fully expected to buy a new bag anyway but appreciated his research.
The first-quality, current merchandise was displayed neatly and attractively, the shop was well organized and the prices were so deeply discounted from "list" that I bought not only a regular bag but a smaller purse that will allow me to carry my phone/camera even if I don't have pockets.
As I was checking out (they opened up a register so I didn't have to wait), another customer came up to me and said she'd noticed that I had been eyeing a pink leather bag, and she didn't want to think she had unfairly taken it. I assured her that it was a lovely bag, and it was all hers.
The salesgirl and I looked at each other in amazement.
"I've never seen anyone do that, ever," she said.
On the way out to Lancaster I took Route 30 through Gap so that I could see the huge new Urban Outfitters warehouse. I didn't need to: it is so massive that you can see it all the way from Strasburg Road as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment