Sunday, April 24, 2016

ELECTION: So much for a paperless society

I can't believe the volume of election mailings I received this primary season. Granted, the write-in candidates for Chris Ross' seat in Harrisburg needed to get their names out there before the voting public, but it seems like every day there were a half-dozen flyers in the mailbox (they went straight into my recycling bin or the huge wheelie-bin at the post office).
Some of the ads appeared amateurish and hastily produced, with embarrassing typos. I especially dislike the negative "attack" ads with inflammatory language and unflattering photographs, but, sad to say, I suppose they must have some impact or politicians wouldn't use them.
And even after the votes have been counted on April 26, I suppose we'll have six more months of this before the general election in November. The printers and sign-makers must be happy.

2 comments:

  1. The primary isn't over - it's on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but this is going to appear in the newspaper on Thursday. But you make a good point. I will reword to satisfy both the people who read this online and those who read it in the paper.

    ReplyDelete