This year's Chester County Studio Tours, where local artists host open houses, will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, May 21, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 22. We visited several of the studios on last year's tour and enjoyed it very much.
The website gives you a complete listing and maps so you can pick out the artists you want to visit. In the center of Unionville, Doug Mooberry, Pat Mooberry and J. Clayton Bright will be displaying their woodwork, pottery and sculpture (respectively) at Kinloch Woodworking. Also on the tour in our area:
1. Ree Gallagher and Lore Evans on Pond View in Chadds Ford (just off Kennett Pike)
2. Stan Smokler, 270 Marshall Bridge Road, Kennett Square
3. Annie Strack, 105 Kabob Lane, Kennett Square
4. In downtown Kennett: Robert Jackson, 208 E. State St.; Peter Willard, 105 S. Broad St.; Mala Galleria, 206 E. State St.
5. Karen D'Alliard, 101 E. Street Rd. in Willowdale (above the Landhope)
6. Thomas Von Koch, 1255 Newark Rd., Toughkenamon
7. John Baker, 119 W. Evergreen St., West Grove
8. Mitch Lyons, 209 Newark Rd., New London
9. Street Road Gallery, 725 Street Road, Cochranville