Sunday, October 29, 2017

RIP: A gentleman and a soldier

The word "gentleman" comes to mind immediately when I think of F. Michael Donohue, who died on Oct. 24. He was smart, courteous, funny, worldly, well-informed and well-dressed, with a military bearing (after all, he had been an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps).
Whenever I was invited to an event at the beautiful Kennett Township home he shared with his wife, Audrey, and an assortment of dogs, I would accept immediately, because I knew the company, the conversation and the food and drink would be top-notch. I think my favorite image of Mike was him standing at the doorway greeting his guests, with his hand out and a broad smile of welcome. It would be hard to imagine a more gracious host.
Quite simply, "F. Michael" was one of the best. We are holding our dear friend Audrey in the light.



No comments:

Post a Comment