Saturday, September 15, 2018

TWELVES: A terrific meal

Twelves, our favorite special-occasion restaurant, has changed ownership but nothing else: the food is still exquisite, the atmosphere low-key and relaxing and the service friendly and top-notch.
We had dinner there in early September, and I ordered the salmon and shrimp instead of my usual crab cakes. It was beautiful and so delicious that I was reduced to speechlessness. The couscous may have been the best I've ever eaten. For dessert Dearest Partner had vanilla ice cream with strawberries; I had walnut pound cake with grilled peaches and ice cream.
The new owners are Knute and Bernadette Mellon of West Grove, who bought the restaurant in July from Tim and Kristin Smith. Tim remains as executive chef. Twelves is at 10 Exchange Place in downtown West Grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment