Saturday, December 8, 2018

HARRISBURG: Good service

The bureaucracy in Harrisburg often gets a bad rap, so I was amazed at the good service I received the other day from the Department of State.
The Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations had sent me a stern letter accusing me of sending in an unsigned registration document -- followed by two ominous paragraphs about applicable fines and deadlines.
Well, I knew that I had gotten the document signed and had returned well within the deadline. In fact, I had made a special trip to get it signed because the signer in question was about to fly off to Europe on vacation.
So, full of righteous indignation, I phoned Harrisburg.
My first pleasant surprise was the Miles Davis jazz as hold music. A clerk got on the line after not too long of a wait, pulled up my account and informed me, with some measure of surprise, that "Oh. Yes. There IS a signature."
She apologized, told me that she had approved our account and told me she'd send out the confirmation letter that very afternoon.
And then she apologized again.

No comments:

Post a Comment