Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Breakfast spot

I had an excellent breakfast this morning at the Country Butcher's cafe. I had three wonderful pancakes, my breakfast companion had a mushroom and cheese omelet (the "Kennett"), and there were four kinds of coffee to choose from (I had the delicious hazelnut). I've heard good things about the oatmeal they serve, too, and the crepes and Belgian waffles sound terrific.
My friend and I were the only people there at 8 a.m., but lots more folks arrived soon afterward. I overheard a couple of well-dressed people doing business, one gentleman sat contentedly by himself reading, and a table of senior citizens looked like they had just come from the Y.
The Country Butcher is in a little shopping center at the southeast corner of Cypress and Walnut Streets, on the east side of Kennett Square.

1 comment: