Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hungry?

On my list of restaurants to try is Luigi & Giovanni's in Downingtown. Take a look at their menu online (http://www.luigiandgiovannicaterers.com/); doesn't the pasta sound delectable? I'm not often in that part of the county, but it might well be worth a special trip.




I had never heard of the place until friends told me about it last week, and even the website describes it as "a secret dining spot." My friends had the Fior di Latte Pomodoro Alla Romana (fresh mozzarella, tomato, braseola, and extra-virgin olive oil on a bed of arugula) and the Pappardelle Luigi & Giovanni (Gulf shrimp, sea scallops, sauteed with fresh tomato tossed in a rich alfredo sauce). I think I'd try the Canneloni Rigati con Salsicce (rigatoni pasta filled with ground veal, spinach, & mozzarella topped with a hearty tomato cream sauce).



The "ristorante" is at 259 Church Street, Downingtown; they also run a catering operation in Downingtown and a specialty market in Newtown Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment