Thursday, August 25, 2011

Anniversary

It's been a year since I've started monopolizing page A3 of the Kennett Paper, and what fun it has been! People have told me that they've heard folks talking about "Tilda" everywhere from the hunt field to the nail salon to PTO meetings, so I guess I'm doing something right.
I started writing this column partly in response to all the mean, snarky, smart-alecky blogs out there. In contrast, I try to be even-handed and charitable in everything I write -- if I have a bad meal at a restaurant, for instance, I won't trash somebody's livelihood, I simply won't write about the place.
But, as you've doubtless noticed, neither do I shy away from covering our local controversies (and goodness knows there are plenty). I realize I'm not going to please everybody; that just comes with the territory and the wonderfully opinionated, vital, distinctive people who live here.
Thanks, readers, for slogging through updates about my garden and for putting up with my ill-concealed boasting about my family members. Thank you so much for offering all of your comments and suggestions, and a special thanks to everyone who regularly supplies me with such superb items!


No comments:

Post a Comment