Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reading

I spent Saturday morning at the Unionville High School PTO used book sale and, as always, had a great time. I immediately filled my bag with books for myself and family members (including "The Hobbit" and "Hound of the Baskervilles" for the junior Tally-ho), and was delighted to chat with several folks I hadn't seen in ages. I caught up with my gym friend Eileen, who updated me on her family. How time flies! I remember when her children were born, and now they're in high school. In fact, she was stocking up for their summer reading lists.
My newspaper colleague Michael, an avid nonfiction reader, was arriving at the sale just as I was leaving.
I'm always impressed with how well organized the book sale is. Everything is clearly marked, the volunteers are competent and pleasant and books are restocked promptly. Well done! Hope they made a lot of money for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment