Friday, March 2, 2012

Truckin'

Yesterday I borrowed my brother's gigantic King Ranch model (how appropriate!) Ford pickup to help a friend pick up some artwork and believe you me, I was very sad to return it to its rightful owner this afternoon. It was so much fun to drive! Clambering up into the cab was a bit of a stretch for this petite blogger, but once I was perched in the super-comfy heated leather seat, I could look down on even the Denalis and such. And pulling out from East Locust Lane onto Route 82, or from Lamborntown Road onto Route 842,  was a breeze because I could spot any oncoming traffic so easily. My friend's artwork stacked easily into the truck bed and didn't move a bit during the trip. In fact, we could have moved a whole lot more.
I was surprised how smooth the ride was and even more surprised when I managed to back it up perfectly between the white lines of a parking spot, on the first try.
One local gentleman who is still sad that I traded in my sports car for an SUV spotted me in it.
"Now THAT's what you should've bought, girl!" he said approvingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment