Friday, May 25, 2012

Fleece

I have a blue Polarfleece pullover from L.L. Bean that I wear pretty much every day from fall until summer. It's cozy. It's soft. It's warm. It has a spacious zippered pocket for my phone. I can get dirt or pet hair on it or spill things on it and the stains wash out perfectly.
Halfway through the winter a friend who I see often noticed my fondness for the jacket. 
"How many of those do you own?" she asked curiously. (Only two.)
Alas, familiarity breeds contempt: she now gets close to apoplectic when she sees me wearing it for the umpteenth time. She is threatening to burn it, or to bury it, or to use it in some arcane ritual.
I think I'd better stash it in the closet til September.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Linus and his blanket... except he only has one.

    ReplyDelete