Thursday, June 6, 2013

Shoes

Even my tennis opponent was expressing concern over the ratty condition of my faithful Sauconys, so I headed over to Famous Footwear in the Longwood Shopping Center this afternoon to buy a new pair. I was in for quite a surprise. As you may have gathered over the years, I am not a flashy person in thought, word or deed; alas, sneakers these days are not made for conservative folks like me. Instead, they're manufactured in an array of eye-popping psychedelic colors, with multiple colors and patterns all on the same shoe.
I commented on this trend to the very nice salesguy, and he agreed. He said many customers come in asking for running shoes but don't want them in colors "that you can spot from a plane."
I purchased one of the calmer combinations of colors (silver with melon and mint accents), and I'm already very fond of them.
Also, I was pleased to see that the most outlandish sneakers were also the most expensive! This, I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment