Thursday, June 6, 2013

Vegetables

After exactly zero of my pumpkin seeds sprouted, I decided to replant. While re-digging, I unearthed a few of the original seeds and they were all dried up. Perhaps I planted too early? Apparently the second time's the charm: within days (those 80-degree days) every one of the new seeds germinated. Very shortly I'll be struggling to contain the vines within the garden.
My carrots didn't do well either: I have maybe a dozen little fronds coming up out of an entire (expensive) seed tape. Others have told me they've had poor germination this spring, too. I'm very glad I bought spinach plants rather than starting them from seed.
On the plus side: my flowers are doing great. I had my first harvest of snapdragons, zinnias, celosia, cosmos and salvia!

No comments:

Post a Comment