Friday, August 16, 2013

Corgi Capers

Those of you who like those little weasels known as Corgis might enjoy reading "Corgi Capers: The Sorceress of Stoney Brook," Val Muller's second book about Zeph and Sapphie and their Humans, Adam and Courtney Hollinger. Val, who lives in Loudoun County, Virginia, has two Corgis of her own, Leia and Yoda, so she knows their habits, both cute and mischievous.
Though it's technically a children's chapter book, I looked forward to reading it every night. The characters (human and canine) are memorable, the plot moves along and I especially liked the author's portrayal of family life and sibling disagreements. The characters are distinctive enough that I didn't have to keep paging back to figure out which one was which, as I do in many books for grown-ups (for a former English major, I'm not real bright).
You can order the book through Val's website, Amazon or DWB Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment