Saturday, August 17, 2013

Question War

On Friday I parked in the parking garage in Kennett (I bought a small cantaloupe and a box of blackberries from the farmers' market) and couldn't help noticing that half-a-dozen cars on the ground parking level had Quaker bumper stickers. I found out why when I left: I'd forgotten about the hardy "Honk for Peace" anti-war folks who hold a vigil at State and Union Streets every Friday afternoon.
A few other things I observed during my stroll along State Street: the former barbershop at 111 West State Street is undergoing extensive renovations and the owners hope to open in October as a new cafe called Philter Coffee, offering "local artisan coffee, breakfast, lunch and baked goods." Also, Byrsa Bistro, 102 East State Street, is going to be closed from Monday, Aug. 26, through Monday, Sept. 2. They'll reopen for dinner Sept. 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment