Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Many years together

The senior Tally-hos recently marked a truly momentous anniversary, and six of us gathered to celebrate at a glorious family dinner at The Greathouse at Loch Nairn. My brother and I had excellent salads; everyone else ordered the filet of beef. We split desserts, and all had ample Champagne (except the Young Relative, who had ginger ale in a Champagne flute). The service was fabulous, as always: our waitress even took photographs, and no-one seemed to mind that we stayed for nearly three hours, reminiscing and catching up with each other.
Of course, my father tried to pick up the tab, but my sister and I nipped that absurd idea in the bud.
My parents were trying to recall what they had eaten for dinner on their wedding day, but couldn't. What they did remember was that a hurricane had knocked out power to the Jersey Shore, where they were honeymooning, so not much was open.
"We didn't really care," recalled my mother.
If you should see the Tally-hos out and about, do wish them a happy anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment