Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fly Eagles Fly

A routine Wednesday morning here in West Marlborough became memorable thanks to a sharp-eyed neighbor. I was sitting at my desk copy editing a book on political protests in America when the phone rang. It was a neighbor who was mowing a field near my house and thought I might be interested to know that he had just spotted a bald eagle. I was off the phone in a seconds and rushed over.
As I approached I saw one huge eagle land in a tree near the top of the hill; the branch moved under his weight. My neighbor and I stood next to his tractor watching and in just a few minutes an eagle soared slowly along the crest of the hill, barely flapping his wings, just gliding over the field. It was a magnificent sight. What a majestic bird!
My neighbor had captured a few photos before I got there and was kind enough to share them.



No comments:

Post a Comment