Saturday, September 21, 2013

To Market, to Market

The Cranky Friend and I had an Abbott-and-Costello conversation while I was driving home from tennis this afternoon. I told him I was about to pull into the Maple Arch farm market on Route 10 and asked if he wanted anything.
"I was at the market yesterday. I bought beans," he said.
"Oh, I was at the market yesterday too; I'm surprised I didn't see you," I said.
"Well, I was there about 10 minutes before it closed down," he said.
I started getting suspicious, as the "market" I thought he meant -- the Kennett Giant -- is open 24/7. No, it turned out he meant the Kennett Farmer's Market, the one on State Street on Fridays.
Then he complicated matters by telling me about a person he met "at the market" the previous evening. After further questioning, I learned he was referring to the Market at Liberty Place.
By this point I just wanted to go into the Maple Arch market, buy some Chocolate Whoopie Pies and spinach and head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment