Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Livin' large

On Sunday a Unionville friend and her husband headed to the big city -- well, King of Prussia -- to see "Gravity" at the IMAX theater. They stopped at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and sat at the bar while waiting for a table.
My friend was dazzled by the lengthy menu of exotic drinks (she settled on a pomegranate mojito) and made a remark to that effect to the smartly dressed, impeccably groomed older woman sitting next to her.
Realizing that perhaps she sounded like a bit of a yokel, my friend explained, "I don't really get out very much."
"What, do you live on a farm?" the lady asked in a teasing tone.
"Why, yes, actually I do!" replied my friend.
That's doubtless not a response the elegant woman often hears on the Main Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment