Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fire company fundraiser

Earlier this year I heard some folks kicking around some ideas about holding a fundraiser for the local volunteer fire companies, but I had no idea that from these casual conversations would come a party as successful as the one at St. Michael Lutheran Church on Saturday night. Thanks to the dedicated, hard-working committee members, it was an absolutely rocking evening, with a terrific turnout of uniformed firefighters and emergency personnel (fire trucks, too) and people from just about every circle of the Unionville community you can think of. I'd start listing them, but I'm sure I'd forget somebody; suffice it to say I was losing my voice after about 90 minutes. All the money raised from admission tickets, the raffle and the auctions will be split among the Po-Mar-Lin, Modena and West Bradford fire companies.
It was hard to believe that the party was a first-time effort, it was so well organized and successful. And did I mention fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment