Friday, November 22, 2013

Wild Birds

It's not your seed, or your feeders, or your yard: the wild birds just haven't been coming to our feeders much this autumn until the past week. I noticed the unchanging levels of seed in my feeders and thought perhaps it had gone stale, even though I opened the bag only recently.
But no: when I was shopping at Wild Birds Unlimited in Hockessin on Thursday, owners Kathy and Charles Shattuck told me that everyone has reported the same situation. They had no explanation. Fortunately, I have noticed a lot more chickadees in just the past few days.
By the way, I know I've said it before, but it's worth repeating this time of year: Wild Birds is a great, locally owned, community-supporting nature store with lots of tasteful, classy gifts for humans and birds. I especially love their cards and ornaments. And be sure to say hi to West Marlborough's Risa Herman, who works there!

No comments:

Post a Comment