Friday, August 1, 2014

Bins


What do you think of the new blue paper-recycling bins at the Unionville post office? They are the size of an office trash can, with a slot for paper in the locked top. Postmaster Bill explained to me that he replaced the former open bins because people were dumping coffee cups and other trash in them. The new, smaller bins are sturdier and easier for him to haul out to the Dumpster in the parking lot, and he said they are in standard use in post offices that offer recycling.
The circulars and catalogs I was tossing this afternoon didn't fit through the narrow slot, so I had to fold them up and try to cram them into the full can (somebody else's supermarket circulars were already bulging out from the top). I had to think I may just start carrying my junk mail out to the Dumpster myself (proceeds from the paper collected there go toward Unionville Elementary School).

No comments:

Post a Comment