Monday, September 14, 2015

THE FAIR: The seventh annual Denim & Diamonds fundraiser

Unionville Community Fair & Farm Show president Danielle Chamberlain asked me to put in a plug for the Fair's annual fundraising Event, "Denim & Diamonds," which is coming up on Thursday, Oct. 1, from 6:30 to 10 p.m. As always, it is held on the Fair grounds in the Red Barn, where all the exhibits are displayed. I attend this great party every year so I can visit with my Fair friends and see whether my entries have won any ribbons (my friends know this, and I'm now also responsible for texting them about how their eggs, flowers and vegetables fared).
Instead of being provided by just one caterer, this year's Denim & Diamonds party will feature food from a variety of local restaurants and vineyards. There will also be music, and the homemade beer and wine exhibits will be judged.
More information and tickets ($75, down from the previous years' $100) are available through the Fair's website, www.ucfairinc.org.
And don't forget, the 91st Fair is coming up Oct. 2 through 4. I've seen stacks of catalogs ready for pickup at the Unionville Post Office 91st and Foxy Loxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment