Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In Your Wardrobe

"Six Items or Less began as a small experiment between friends and quickly grew to become a global movement questioning the power of what we don’t wear."

Perhaps you've heard of this "experiment" where you choose six items of clothing and wear nothing else for a month straight. You're allowed to do laundry ad libitum, and underwear, workout clothes, shoes, accessories and coats are excluded from the six items.
A blogger I know is getting herself into a tizzy selecting her clothes for this ascetic month, but for me, and I suspect for a lot of my country neighbors, six items would work just fine. Jeans or leggings, a turtleneck, and a fleece pullover are my daily winter uniform. Add a skirt and nice top for any festive occasions that come up. Done. Summer would be even easier.
A lot of men already live by the six-or-less rule, blue shirt, white shirt, navy blue sport jacket and tan trousers.
As my friend Susan said, "I wear the same sweat pants and shirt every day to clean the barn. Do I win anything?"

No comments:

Post a Comment