Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Darn!

I was so sorry to hear this afternoon that Simon Pearce, the restaurant on the Brandywine at Lenape, is closing. I had a lot of fine meals there, including a memorable salmon en croute with cauliflower. I don't remember how the cauliflower was prepared, but it was the first time in my life that I actually enjoyed that vegetable.

They also made their own glassware, and it was exquisite. Pictured here are a Champagne flute (with a mimosa) and a vase (with summer flowers).
Old-timers will remember that the restaurant used to be called the Lenape Inn, and it was considered very ritzy back then -- not the place for a family meal. And the Pocopson post office used to be located on the building's ground floor, on the river side. There were usually geese loitering around.

No comments:

Post a Comment