Friday, January 14, 2011

Globally

Apologies to my friends who drive school buses and plow roads, but I was underwhelmed by the Jan. 12 storm. "Severe weather!" warned weather.com, churning out multiple text messages the day before. As it was, we got only about four inches and the road was already plowed when I woke up. Schools had a two-hour delay, and I made it to my gym class as usual.
I work with a lot of wonderful software people in the Hebbal section of Bangalore, India, where it rarely drops below 55 degrees F, and they worry about me in the winter.
"I heard that a Snowstorm has hit the East Coast of the US. Are you all safe there?" asked Kiran via email.
"I hope that the weather has improved in Pennsylvania as is not as cold as it was last month," fretted Smitha.

No comments:

Post a Comment