Thursday, September 22, 2011

Walking out

This damp morning I helped exercise some Penn-Mary-Del foxhound puppies that will soon be out with the Andrews Bridge hunt field. It was their first time out on leashes, so you can imagine how excited they were to get out of the kennel. All the puppies in this year's three litters have names starting with M, and I walked Mary Kay and Mapquest and my friend Susan walked Manners. (Some of the others were Maybe, Mulan, and Makewell.)
They were so cute! The first time they encountered a log they had no clue what to do, so we helped them over. The second time, they were like, "Oh! A log! I can do this!"
It was a great workout being pulled around the fields and through the woods by these puppies.
When I got back home my own dog glared at me and sniffed my jeans like a suspicious spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment