Monday, May 28, 2012

Chocolate-covered strawberries

I'll warn you right now: there is a lot about food in this week's column. I didn't plan it, honestly. And I really need to share this strawberry recipe with you while they are still in season.
In a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup, put 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of corn syrup. Melt in the microwave (a minute or so) and stir until perfectly smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of Kahlua and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and mix well. Let the chocolate cool and thicken for a bit.
Set out mini-size paper baking cups on a platter. Holding them by the stem, dip the strawberries in the chocolate (the depth is just right in the 2-cup container) and place them in their little cups, with the stems all facing the same way for neatness. Keep the platter in the fridge til it's time to serve.
This makes enough chocolate for about a pound-and-a-half of strawberries.
Every time I bring these to a party, people love them. They look really fancy, but in reality they could not be easier to make.

2 comments:

  1. How perfect your post is! I'm throwing an Alice in Wonderland-themed baby shower next month and I was going to scout for a chocolate-covered strawberries recipe (all the food I'm serving is red, white, and black.) Now I can just steal yours! Thanks, Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Perfect! And naturally the cook gets to lick the chocolate-covered spoon.

    ReplyDelete