Saturday, June 2, 2012

Party time

The summer party season has started: somebody over the hill from me is having one heck of a rocking party this evening, with a live Mexican band. I can hear the amplified bass off in the distance and even slightly feel the vibrations. They started in the late afternoon and were still going strong when I turned in for the night.
(It reminds me of my college days, when the boys who lived in the room underneath us had their huge stereo speakers facing up. To this day I know by heart the bass line to Boston's "More than a Feeling.")
At first I thought the party was being held at the large farm just down the road from me, but no: a friend in Doe Run Village pinpointed it at a property off Route 82 beyond Blow Horn. My brother said he had spotted a big white tent and UHS-colored balloons there when he passed by earlier in the day, so I suspect it was a graduation party.
Another friend said there was an outdoor party going on up her way as well, off Stargazer Road. "Wouldn't be so bad if the band was any good," she reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment