Saturday, June 2, 2012

H&G Day!

Today was the annual Home and Garden Day to benefit the Bayard Taylor Memorial Library. I worked in the morning as a front-door greeter at a Pennsbury Township house, and I'm guessing you can imagine the fun I had welcoming tour-goers.
Because I had limited time in the afternoon I made it to only two other houses after my shift was over, but both were spectacular inside and out. I loved the lavender growing in little niches in the stone wall at one of them; the garden in the other one gave me the answer as to whether it's OK to have other plants growing in a bed of lamium (it is).
Huge congratulations to the tireless ladies on the Special Events Committee for lining up so many amazing houses -- and such a variety -- year after year, not to mention the restaurants and caterers, florists and artists and the army of hostesses and parkers needed at each spot.
And the weather! After the thunderstorm and heavy winds the evening before the tour, we were just so lucky to have sunny, cool weather on Saturday. I can remember one tour when the temperature was in the 90s, and another when we had a such a deluge of rain all day long that some cars got stuck in the pasture and had to be towed out with a tractor.
Among the guests, I was delighted to see the library director, Donna Murray; library board members Doug Singo, Bill Landmesser and Heather Ramsey; and library employees John Hendrix and Kit Ramsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment