Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Black oak down

A few minutes ago I got an email notifying me that there was "a huge tree" down on Route 842 near Byrd Road. Well! Of course I had to drop my work right then and there -- sorry, clients -- and head out to investigate.
Turns out that in Tuesday night's heavy rain a branch of a black oak came crashing down east of Byrd Road, and 842 was shut between Newark Road and Unionville. The tree guys from Asplundh were there sawing it up on Wednesday morning. The branch itself was big enough that it would have made a respectable tree.
The tree guys cautioned me to stay off the grass because the tree had taken down some electric wires, so I couldn't get close enough to take a decent photo for you. Sorry: I may drive around a "Road Closed" sign now and then, but I do avoid live wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment