Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Literacy

I think I've mentioned before that when I have a paper-and-pencil editing project to do, I head to the Jennersville Starbucks (I'd know too many people at the Kennett one), claim a table, spread out, plug in my earphones and camp out for a few hours.
The other afternoon I did just that, and a few minutes after I arrived I realized I'd crashed the weekly toddler story-time. A woman from the Avon Grove Library was there to read to the kids, and then they did a craft.
Afterward the library lady came up to me and apologized for the disruption. I told her it didn't bother me a bit -- I was listening to music anyway, and I love seeing kids getting excited about books. Best of all, she gave me a piece of Starbucks cinnamon pastry and a mini-cup of coffee! I'm still enough of a college kid to love getting free food.

No comments:

Post a Comment