Friday, June 15, 2012

Two of us

I was just out for an evening stroll along one of our beautiful back roads when I spotted a mountain biker pedaling up the hill toward me. He was as surprised as I was to see another human on the road, because usually we're all alone with the gurgling stream, the chirping birds and the squirrels, groundhogs, deer and mosquitoes. (And a little further on, the chickens and the cows.)
I congratulated him for making it up such a steep hill, and he agreed that it was a good one. He must have turned around and come back down, because maybe a half-mile further along he zoomed past me, waving.
Another treat during the walk was seeing five hot-air balloons floating over the trees to the east, I'm guessing from the balloon festival in Embreeville.

No comments:

Post a Comment