Sunday, June 10, 2012

I got the horse right here

There was much celebration around these parts on Saturday after local favorite Union Rags won the Belmont Stakes. "Ragsy" beat Paynter, who had led the entire race, by "a short neck" at the wire in a thrilling finish.
 I missed seeing the race on TV -- I was playing tennis -- but my pals who watched it on the big screen said it was hugely exciting.
"We were jumping up and down like schoolkids!" they reported.
They said they spotted Phyllis Wyeth of Chadds Ford Stables (the owner), Jamie Wyeth, Unionville's own Michael Matz (the horse's trainer) and his wife D.D., and Russell Jones.
Union Rags, has his own Facebook page. On Saturday he "wrote": "I hope to provide all of you with thrills, chills, and winning ways, this Saturday afternoon at Belmont Park! I will look forward to seeing you then!"
That he certainly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment