Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sick report

My gosh, the ailments that local people have been suffering! In the past few weeks I've heard frightful stories of diverticulitis, kidney stones, and chest infections that have landed otherwise hardy men and women in the hospital for days on end. (The diverticulitis sufferer, for instance, also has two broken ribs just as background noise.) Another friend had her knee arthritis upgraded to "severe." And I've heard reports of kids coming down with virulent tummy bugs in the final days of the school year.
I certainly hope that health is restored soon at my sick friends' homes.
And as far as the kidney stones go: I've always been told that one way to prevent them is to drink lots and lots of water, especially in the summertime, when it's easy to get dehydrated without realizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment