Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Advertising fail

I've written about the deluge of junk mail I get from Verizon; you probably do, too. Well, Verizon now informs me that I am eligible to get FiOS TV "at a price that's too good to pass up."
This is not likely. I don't want FiOS TV, or any other TV service, at any price.
Nor am I enticed by their newest marketing tie-in with the Marvel comic-book character "Iron Man": "Let FiOS be the hero of your home," reads their slogan. No thanks; I think I'd rather have my garden trowel as the hero of my home.
Obviously I am not the demographic FiOS is targeting. In fact, I think the marketing people at Verizon should pay ME to review their campaigns: "Dude! Tilda called this one `stupid and offensive.' We've got a winner for sure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment