Saturday, April 20, 2013

Brew pub in Kennett?

Here's some exciting news: there might be a new brew pub opening in Kennett! I was just at Inverbrook Farm's Spring Sale here in West Marlborough, and a very nice lady from the Kennett Brewing Company was there pouring samples on the patio. I tried a very hoppy brew called Xtra C and it was delicious. The woman said they hoped to open in downtown Kennett shortly, but she couldn't divulge any details yet -- all hush-hush -- so I signed up for their email list. I will keep you posted!
The sale -- in which local vendors bring their wares out to the farm -- was just delightful. While I was looking at the offerings from Talula's Table, another shopper told me that I simply must buy their Kennett Mushroom Dip. I obeyed and I'm glad I did: it's simple and exquisite.
Among the other vendors were Anne Eder and her Chansonette orchids; Nomadic Pies, a regular at the Kennett Farmer's Market; Dale Hendricks with some beautiful plants from his Green Light Plants; seeds from Happy Cat Farm; potting soil from the Organic Mechanic Soil Company in Modena; reusable sandwich bags and recycled cloth napkins from Logical Living; Bessie's handmade aprons and bags; Arden & James Eco-goods; pottery by Ardenheim Clayworks; art by Dan McShane (loved his sketch of a fox chasing a hen in a pumpkin patch!); Heirloom Jewelry; Philabucks; Three Birds Bouquets; U Bee Well; and Vidalia's Vintage (old Tupperware and typewriters).
On my way out a woman was standing in the driveway, her eyes shut and her blissful face upturned to the glorious spring sunshine. She "came to" after a moment and apologized; I told her I understood perfectly.
Thank you to Claire Murray for the invitation! A great event.



2 comments:

  1. I believe they (KBC) said they were hoping to have their location secured in a few weeks. Then, they would be waiting on licenses and permits from the Feds, State, and locals. But, exciting none-the-less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for clarification -- when she told me they hoped to open by the end of this month I thought that seemed like an awfully short timeframe. I will edit!

    ReplyDelete