Saturday, April 20, 2013

Food groups

We hear a lot about the unhealthy diets kids are eating these days, but frankly I think they may be teaching nutrition a little bit too well here in the Unionville schools.
Five-sixths of the Tally-ho clan went out to dinner at Longwood Family Restaurant on Saturday. I ordered a gyro sandwich, and the waiter listed my choices for a vegetable: Brussels sprouts, corn, mac and cheese....
That was all I needed to hear: "Oooo! Mac and cheese, please!" I said.
The Young Relative fixed me with a withering look.
"How, exactly," he demanded, "is mac and cheese a vegetable?"
Then again, perhaps I should listen to him about nutrients: earlier that day, he ran his personal best time ever in the "Run for Our Sons" 5K at Patton Middle School.

No comments:

Post a Comment