Thursday, April 18, 2013

Frozen yogurt

I celebrated the end (I hope) of a particularly unpleasant cold by treating myself to a frozen yogurt at Opayo, a terrific little self-service place tucked away in the New Garden Shopping Center, near the Giant and Pat's Pizza. They give you an empty dish and you pipe out as much frozen yogurt as you want, in any mixture of flavors, and then add any of the 80 toppings and sauces. I had a big dish of chocolate and vanilla yogurt topped with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and chocolate chips, and it was delicious.
And a big shout-out to my wonderful pal Susan, who took pity on me when I was sick, picked me up in her giant red pickup (which makes any trip more fun) and drove me to the grocery store so I could stock up on soup, crackers and orange juice. (And a bonus: while we were at the store we ran into a foxhunting pal of hers who had just gotten kicked in the leg by a horse, big-time. One look at her bruises and all of a sudden my stuffed head, glassy eyes and hacking cough seemed like nothing to complain about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment