Thursday, July 25, 2013

Our national bird

Bayo Nichols of the Unionville Saddle Shop was kind enough to share this adventure with me:
"Was on Mill Road going into Kennett late this afternoon [July 24], near the old Gaebel farm, when I rounded the bend to see flares on the side of the road. A few cars were pulled over on either side, a State Trooper was there, as well as a security guy from New Bolton, & what do you think was going on? A young Bald Eagle was standing in the middle of the road! Don't know if he was injured or just having teenage bird angst. Wish I had my camera."
Adds a West Marlborough friend and neighbor who read this story:
"There has been a nest of Bald Eagles residing along the Red Clay Creek between 926 and Baltimore Pike for almost two decades. When we lived near there, we would regularly see one, and others spoke of it too. Don't know where the nest is, but the family has been "in residence" for many years."

1 comment:

  1. There is a bald eagle nest along the Buck Run Creek. However, I told the property owner that I would not tell where exactly it is located.

    ReplyDelete