Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What's the 4011?

Yesterday at the self-service checkout at Giant in Kennett I was delighted to see a Unionville pal who I encounter more on Facebook than in person. We had an excellent gossip -- but we were so engrossed in our conversation that we seriously messed up our checking out. I punched in the wrong code for bananas, which I normally know by heart, and like an idiot I put my fruit at the bottom of one grocery bag, underneath the soup cans and ice cream. As I was leaving, the clerk had to point out that I'd left my receipt sticking out of the slot.
My friend and I laughed at how distracted we were, and she suggested to the clerk that he really should have told us sternly to keep our minds on our groceries and not on Unionville news.

No comments:

Post a Comment