Friday, March 14, 2014

Farm Girl

In return for taking care of their animals (one aged collie, one cat, and a coop full of chickens) for a few days while they took a mini-break, two friends of mine gave me not only all the wonderful fresh eggs I could collect but also a far-too-generous gift card to Kyoto, the sushi and Asian restaurant on Onix Drive, east of the Kennett Wal-Mart.
I'd forgotten that Kyoto offers a terrific lunch special: two of their sushi rolls for $6.99. After cleaning up from my mid-day farm duties on  Monday, I had a tuna roll and a smoked salmon/cream cheese/avocado one, along with a seaweed salad. FYI, there's also a Subway sandwich shop and the Plaza Azteca Mexican restaurant (great guacamole!) in that little strip shopping center.
I lucked out in terms of chicken duty: it was mostly above freezing, which meant the feeding and watering chores were easy (if muddy), I could spend some extra time "bawk-BAWKing" with the chickens without freezing, and the egg yield was exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment