Tuesday, June 21, 2016

KENNETT: Be prepared

A friend and I met for lunch at the Half-Moon today and found adjacent parking spots right on State Street. She went to feed the parking meter and found that it was out of order: a quarter was stuck in the slot. Being a resourceful country woman, my friend rummaged through her purse and found a nifty little Transformers-like tool, one incarnation of which was a pair of pliers. She readily pulled out the stuck quarter and handed it to me.
"Why are you giving it to me?" I asked.
"Because it's your turn to buy lunch," she said. (Silly me: I should have known.)
We sat on the rooftop and had a great view of the storm rolling in from the west, although in the end there were only a few drops of rain. What a tasty meal: I had bison sliders with a salad and my friend had a bison burger with cheese, mushrooms and caramelized onions. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment