Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Forgive any typos

I've been getting some very peculiar text messages from a friend's iPhone recently. In one she mentioned that her "blackfish" was coming later in the week, and in another she told me she was trying to track down information about an injured rider via the local "goodness wireless."
I thought that perhaps "Blackfish" was some kind of a code-named writing project; "goodness wireless" I couldn't make any sense of.
But at lunch today we figured out what was going on. Her iPhone was on auto-correct: she had meant to type "blacksmith" and "hoofbeat wireless" (her term for the local equestrian grapevine).
When we stopped laughing, she fetched the offending smart phone and reprogrammed it to stop auto-correcting. Shame; I'll miss these baffling texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment