Monday, October 24, 2011

Stink bug update

So where are they?
Entomological prognosticators advised us that in mid-September the stink bugs would invade our houses again, in even larger numbers than before. But so far that just hasn't happened. I've had two bad days when there were dozens of the disgusting pests on the walls and windows, but since then, maybe -- MAYBE -- only a couple a day.
One theory proposes that the heavy rain we've had in recent weeks has slowed them down. Or maybe they're just waiting until it gets colder outside.
But I've got my defenses all ready. I bought special lighted traps that a high-school friend of mine designed; I want to try Hal Lewis's "death on a stick" sticky device (it's like a Swiffer with a sticky pad on the mop end); and a friend of a friend wants me to try out a prototype of his trap.
And I've heard that those old-fashioned fly-paper spirals work too.



No comments:

Post a Comment