Saturday, September 24, 2011

D'oh!

Anyone who has ever handled a mass mailing will wince at the following, which I received from my college alumni office:
"Yesterday, we discovered that the recent mailing you received from the Annual Fund had an outside envelope that did not match the response card inside. The mail house which has served the college well for many years reported that they were responsible for collating this mailing incorrectly.
"You will receive an apology from our Vice President and the appropriate materials in the next few days. Your support and involvement is critically important to us, as is your trust that your support be handled in a confidential and respectful manner. I regret this very unfortunate occurrence and hope you will respond positively when you receive this follow-up mailing."
Sure enough, the response card I received was meant for a pair of alums in Brooklyn.
I can only imagine the panic and stress-filled meetings that ensued. Perversely, I'm going to give the college more money than usual this year just to show them I understand how easy it is for mistakes like that to happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment